Sunday, November 12, 2006

Timbaland tracks sampled (Part 1)

First off excuse me for not getting that Timbo/Snoop track up to listen to, I was having some trouble with the site but it's up now so go take a listen.

So it's been determined that Tim samples and samples well but what about Tim's productions? Have they ever been sampled? The answer is yes though not too many of his tracks have been sampled. Let's just start with those tracks that have only had their lyrics sampled. For example:

Cassidy's "I'm A Hustla" samples the lyrics from Jay-Z's "Dirt Off Your Shoulders"

Juvenile's "The Way I Be Leaning" also samples the lyrics Jay-Z "Dirt Off Your Shoulder"

E-40's "Ya Blind" samples the lyrics (and the vocal riff ha!) from Missy Elliott's "Why You All In My Grill"

Finally, Skillz "Crew Deep" samples Missy's "Get UR Freak On" if only for a second, Tim still gets credit.

Now what about others? I know of a few more hence the Part I, but what about ya'll? Know any Timbo tracks that have been sampled? Holla!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I know these aren't Timbaland productions, but I was hoping you could up two Raje Shwari tracks - "Average Bitch" and "Masala". Even though they aren't Timbaland productions they definitely sound Timbaland-influenced (or perhaps these influenced Timbaland?) You can hear them on her myspace at:

myspace.com/therealraje

-Greg

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg both are produced by Hannon Lane who used to produce FOR Timbaland productions. I don't have the tracks, but ask Raje if she can send them to you. She just might....

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really love the way you keep throwin' updates at us! keep up the good work! (worth mentioning sometimes!)

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J2T thank you for the kind words!

Warren yeah I have some research to do but I don't trust wikipedia....plus they copy me ha ha

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

INTROLOGY off Snoop's new album samples DIRT OFF YOUR SHOULDER...
BossPlayya

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
You have been marked on my profile map! Click to zoom-in.
You have been marked on my profile map! Click to zoom-in.