Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Do you know what today is?

It's Shock Value day, did everyone go out like good fans and buy a copy? I did and have been listening to it non stop. I have to say it's a grower. At first I was like "naa I ain't feelin' it" but now as the hours go by, I'm starting to like it.

How about for everyone else, do you like it? I know there was a leak awhile ago but has your opinion about it changed at all? I'm really diggin' "Bombay" and "Miscommunication" I'm really happy to see Hannon's name on a co-production as well but we'll go into the liner notes on another post.

Hope ya'll copped the album to give our man Timbo support. The Chronicles team (myself included) will be giving their reviews shortly so stay tuned. In the meantime look for a small change tomorrow here on The Chronicles....

Happy Shock Value Day! :D
-Boogie

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hot. the One Republic song and kinda the Elton John one are the only rock ones that really do it for me though.

"Bounce" was the main "WTF" song for me that's growin' on me, that beat is just nasty. and i gotta hand it to Tim and Danja for doin' a better Dre impression than Dre on "Come and Get Me."

--Trey Stone

i was surprised Danja'd been relegated to (co)-production on five tracks though, heh.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the whole album was fire to me. the mixing was complete shit. tim needs to issue a re-release with jimmy d. behind the boards and add on the two bonus tracks.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Total fire, baby! I want a re-release too since the mixing seems fucked up. The One Republic song sounds better than the o.g. version.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea mixing on a bus/on the road wasnt the best idea but he had 2 get the album done. i hope he does a re-issue 2... i kno thurs gotta be more than those 2 extra tracks. especially if he can get jay 2 finish dat song!!!! im so curious on how dat sounds...

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CLAPS say :

I'm fuckin lovin it :-)

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

favorite tracks : Bounce

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This album is awsome ! I really like way I Are , Bombay ,Board Meeting , and kill yourself . keri is very good on all the tracks she was featuring in . Though i'm a little bit disapointed about 50 cent performance. I think a lot of people should like it , coz it's really good music . I'm more timbaholic than i used to be before the album release !

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have mixed feelings. I'm LOVING "Miscommunication" and "The Way I Are". "Bombay" and "2 Man Show" make me cringe. I lot of stuff I don't care about one way or the other yet.

The sound is absolutely awful. Some of the mixes are almost unlistenably distorted, like "Time". Bad mixes + pushing the mastering super loud = terrible idea.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
You have been marked on my profile map! Click to zoom-in.
You have been marked on my profile map! Click to zoom-in.