Thursday, March 01, 2007

Where Are They Now: Black from Playa

So here this first of what I hope I will be a weekly or at least bi-weekly post about where and what artists who have worked with Tim have been doin' since their callabo. I'll start with Black 1/3 of the group Playa. He has since changed his name to Digital Black and started a label called Elite Muzic The label also has a myspace showcasing their various artists like Komittee.

Digital Black also released an album called Memoirs of an R&B Thug on his own label. Here's the tracklisting:

1. Set It Up, feat. Static and Jazzy Pha Written by: Static Produced by: Jazze Pha
2. Meet Me Written by: Static Produced by: Rudy
3. Playa Play On, feat. Cliental Written and Produced by: Dr. Luke
4. Ain't Nothing Wrong Written by: Black Produced by: Mr. Porter
5. Ride 4 Me, feat. Playa Written by: Black Produced by: Budda
6. Halfway Written by: Static Produced by: Budda
7. Don't Think They Know, feat. Aaliyah Written by: Black Produced by: J Dub
8. N Ya Life Written by: Black Produced by: Keybeats
9. I'm A G Written by: Black and Static Produced by: Jazze Pha
10. Wanna Go Back Written by: Black and Dude Produced by: Darius
11. Messed Around Written by: Static Produced by: Rudy
12. House Is Not A Home Written by: Black Produced by: D. Sounds
13. Fell In Love Written by: Black and Static Produced by: Lil Charlie
14. Thuggin My Way Through Written by: Black and Goodfella Produced by: D. Sounds
15. Same Thang Yall Do, feat. Native Written by: Black and Native
16. Can't Turn Back Now Written by: Black Produced by: D. Sounds

Bonus Track: Lust F/ Playa Written by ?? Produced by ?? (Timbo apparently produced this track but I have no solid evidence that he was on the boards for it so ??)

Definitely a dope album that I suggest ya'll cop. You can buy it off his website and be sure to check out some of his new tracks off his myspace Black was definitely a huge part of Playa but dude doesn't look like he's slowin' down with the music makin'. Hopefully as time progresses we'll be hearin' more and more from a true talent in the industry. HUGE props to my man G and Bossplayya for all the info!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Average Album!!
my rate is 3/5
=P

My favourites:
01. Set It Up
04. Ain't Nothing Wrong
05. Ride 4 Me
07. Don't Think They Know
09. I'm A G
12. House Is Not A Home
15. Same Thang Yall Do

holla
Phabinho

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is there anyone who can get at me with some timbo instrumentals? i'm lookin for good cd quality versions of "dirt off your shoulder", "pony", "can we".. just stuff like that. no loops or anything. actual instrumentals of the original song.

i got a bunch too. so we can swap.
thanks!
aim: icandiscjock

10:40 PM  
Blogger Czar said...

If I remember correctly, "Lust" was on 30 Years to Life (no, I'm not getting it mixed up with "Birthday").

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
You have been marked on my profile map! Click to zoom-in.
You have been marked on my profile map! Click to zoom-in.