Friday, March 02, 2007

Czar's Sample of the Week

What's up y'all? It's Friday again, and that means another installment of Czar's Sample of the Week. When I saw Boogie's "Where are they now" thread on Black from Playa, I rememered that Playa had been totally neglected in Czar's Samples of the Week. This week's sample will fix that problem by showcasing a Playa sample.

Now, if you haven't heard Playa's "Cheers 2 U" album, then you are certainly missing out. From beginning to end, it's an amazing album that everyone should own. Two of my favorite tracks off that album are "Cheers 2 U" and "Ms. Parker" Interestingly enough, both these tracks share the same sample (although the one on "Cheers 2 U" is harder to hear). The guitar stab (and in "Ms. Parker," the main beat) featured on both tracks was sampled from the Dramatics hit song "In the Rain." Again, I love how Tim used the guitar on both tracks.

That's it for this week. I hope you all enjoyed this week's installment. Have a great weekend, and I'll catch y'all next Friday for Czar's Sample of the Week.

Peace,
Czar

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Two of my favorite tracks off that album are "Cheers 2 U" and "Ms. Parker" Interestingly enough, both these tracks share the same sample (although the one on "Cheers 2 U" is harder to hear)."

You've posted "Together" and not "Cheers 2 u"

This sample is really for "Cheers 2 u"
or "Together"??

(sorry my bad english)

Thanks for the samples, i love it!!! =D

Request: could u post "Mayada" song again?? =/ please

holla
Phabinho

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the mix up. I fixed it so you can download "Cheers 2 U" instead of "Together." The guitar was sampled on "Cheers 2 U." Glad you like the samples! I'm goin out of town, so I'll post the "Mayada" when I get back on Tuesday...if no one else beats me to the punch...

3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

=D

Thanks a lots Czar!!!

Phabinho

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
You have been marked on my profile map! Click to zoom-in.
You have been marked on my profile map! Click to zoom-in.