Thursday, November 16, 2006

Czar's Samples of the Week

Before I go into the Timbo samples for this week (yes, not sample, but samples), I have to give a shout out to my man J Boogie for giving me the opportunity to takeover while he's on vacation. This is an honor. I know I won't be able hold down the Chronicles like he has, but I hope to bring my own flavor to the Chornicles and that you all enjoy it!

Now, back to business. It is another new week, and with a new week brings a new installment of "Czar's Sample of the Week." As I already stated, I will be hitting yall with two samples this week. Why two? Well, last week J Boogie and some of you all wanted the sample to Brandy's "Nodding Off," and I thought I would give the Tim stans what they wanted, but also something unexpected.

So of course the first track is the sample to Brandy's "Nodding Off." For those who don't know, this track was not featured on the U.S. release of her album "Afrodisiac," but it was on the Japanese release. It samples the song "Jab Hum Jawan Honge" from the 1983 Bollywood film "Bataab" and sung by the great Lata Mangeshkar and Shabbir Kumar.

Now on to the bonus sample...the sample to Ludacris' "Roll Out." This track samples the song "Yay Boy" from Afro-Latino group Africando. I don't know where the hell Tim was at when he decided to sample Africando, but "Roll Out" was a hit. Take a listen...

Ok that's it for this week's installment of "Czar's Sample of the Week." Next week, I hope to bring the Tim stans another treat.

Peace,
Czar

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Da man!!

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks czar. ive heard a few of your sample compilations. where can i downloaed the ones that i dont have already? oh and someone tell me what a stan is...only think i could think of was a stalker and a fan??? lol

REO

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reo, do you remember my song "Stan" ? now you know what a stan is. ;)

Major propz to Czar for the Nodding Off sample, I was waiting for this!

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
You have been marked on my profile map! Click to zoom-in.
You have been marked on my profile map! Click to zoom-in.